Hi, we’re Bill & Mary Cutler. Learn more
about us & how we can help you!
Bill joined wife Mary in the insurance business in 1983, after
retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel from the USAF, when they opened Cutler and Cutler. He simultaneously co-managed MONY Europe for 3 years, developing two appointment-selling systems for active duty military members. He was then promoted to Assistant Manager of MONY in Jacksonville. Bill has also co-authored a book A Simplified Approach to Section 125 Cafeteria Planning—and sold over 10,000 copies!
Cutler and Cutler became Cutler, Cutler and Heffernan and was recognized as 2004’s National Agency of the Year by Allstate Workplace Marketing Division. Bill & Mary sold Cutler, Cutler & Heffernan in 2007 to open North Florida Financial Associates. Both Bill and Mary are professionally equipped to help families and professionals from all walks of life learn how to plan the best future.
Bill is a member of Mandarin Methodist Church and spends his free time volunteering at Jacksonville’s Youth Crisis Center. He also serves as a co-chairman of the Farmers Market at The Bolles School. He has coached kids soccer, football and baseball for over 18 years. He also enjoys spending his time with his wife, Mary, his children and six grandchildren—and Snap and her partner Crackle, their dogs!
Mary Cutler, CFP*
In 1971, Mary moved to Tampa, Florida, where she met her husband of 39 years (Bill), and became an Air Force Officer’s wife. In the Air Force, she began her avocation of volunteering, and traveling the world both with the military and as a tourist. In 1982, while living in Germany and chairing a fundraiser, she was recruited by Mutual of New York (MONY) to become an insurance salesperson. At that time insurance sales was a man’s industry with very few women, and even fewer with any legitimate success. Mary immediately changed that, and within her first year became MONY’s leading European salesperson. She soon earned her Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation and her career continued to blossom. After only 5 years in the business, Mary was inducted to the MONY Hall of Fame.
Mary was nationally recognized as among the national Top 50 MONY sales leaders every year of her career, being among the top 10 producers for seven of those 25 plus years and was the national leading salesperson of the 2500 man sales force in 2002. On 4 occasions, Mary was a platform speaker and motivational force for MONY’s annual convention. She was selected MONY’S Man of the Year in 2004, becoming the third woman in the company’s 150 year history. In 2005, she along with her husband and her business partner, were honored with the same “Man of the Year” award by American Heritage Life.
To learn more about the professional history of this financial advisor(s), please visit FINRA’s BrokerCheck
- MDRT 1982-2007
- Top of the Table 1994-2007
- MDRT Convention Speaker, Toronto, Canada
- Campus School Trainer for Mutual of New York (MONY)
- 1990-1994: MONY MED: marketing to MD’s on financial needs
- 1995-2005: marketing Employee Benefits for large, multi-state corporations
- Co-authored: A Simplified Approach to Section 125 Cafeteria Planning —10,000+ copies sold
- Keynote speaker at MI Squared National Marketing Convention:
- Keynote Speaker at 4 National MONY Conventions
- Guest Speaker to various insurance companies’ national meetings discussing: Selling to Military Members; Selling to the Medical Field; & Workplace Marketing throughout the country.
- Ranked in top 10 national salespersons for MONY 1999-2005 (MONY Forum)
- National sales leader MONY 2003
- Top 50 Producer for MONY 1983-2006
- Leading Application Sales MONY 2001-2004 (Retired Trophy)
- American Heritage Life Insurance Company, One of the Top Sales Producers 1993-2000
- Leading Workplace Sales Allstate Worksite Division: 2001-2005
- Chairman’s Executive Committee American Heritage: Product Development & Compliance
- Compliance and Marketing Executive Committee MONY 1993
- Product Development Committee MONY: Worksite Marketing
- MONY National Person of the Year 2004
- Allstate National Agency of the Year: Co-recipient 2006
*Not affiliated with Woodbury Financial Services, Inc
- Mandarin Methodist Church
- Youth Crisis Center Board of Directors: 30 years; President of Board 1996
- Youth Crisis Center Foundation Board of Trustees: 2009-2015
- DePaul School (Learning Disabled Children) Board of Directors: 2000-2015
- Volunteer at The Bolles School 2010-2015: Committee Chair & worker